The fast advances in clinical radiology technology and theory have improved the diagnosis and treatment of illness and injury radically. Radiology is a specific branch of science which is focused on with the diagnosis and
The fast advances in clinical radiology technology and theory have improved the diagnosis and treatment of illness and injury radically. Radiology is a specific branch of science which is focused on with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases through X-rays or high energy radiation. Interventional radiology also referred to as vascular radiology which is a subspecialty of radiology. Interventional radiology includes the use of several techniques for treating or diagnosing a particular disease.
Apparao Mukkamala talks about the benefits of radiology
Dr. Apparao Mukkamala is a radiologist who is based in Flint, MI. He has been an alumnus of Guntur Medical College, Andhra University and Andhra Loyola College in Vijayawada. He has become the president of the Michigan State Medical Society in the year 2007. Dr. Mukkamala states that radiology comes with a number of advantages which are mentioned:
- Radiology and interventional radiology are at times completely less invasive or non-invasive methods of treatment and diagnosis. These and treatment procedures involve the use of photographic images or needle insertion and digital imaging.
- Blood vessel diseases such as narrowing of arteries, which blocks smooth flow of the blood, or causes blood clots, hemorrhage and vein blockage can be easily treated with the assistance of radiology.
- Radiology is a less expensive method of treatment as compared to other medicinal or surgical treatment procedures.
- Radiology can treat benign or malignant tumors in an efficient way. It destroys the tumor and also counters tumors that have spread to other parts of the body because of metastasis.
- The process of radiology can also be used for inserting feeding tube into the body of the patient or for the purpose of draining out fluids from the chest or abdominal region.
- Radiology is often considered to be a popular treatment for treating various stone diseases such as gallstones and kidney stones.
- Clinical radiology can eliminate the need for exploratory surgery and is often used to determine when a patient needs surgery.
Different radiological processes have numerous advantages which are explained below:
- CT scan visualizes the inside of the body and can eliminate the need for exploratory surgery. In addition, CT scans are fast, accurate and painless.
- Nuclear medicine scans are used in diagnosis and to see how inner organs are functioning.
- MRI scans produce three-dimensional images of soft tissues such as muscles and organs that do not appear on X-rays. MRI scans use influential magnets and radio waves to create pictures of the body.
- Ultrasound imaging is quick, safe and easy to perform and does not use any radiation. It is used in pregnancy frequently to monitor the development of the baby.
Dr. Apparao Mukkamala has been enrolled in medical school at the age of sixteen and earned his medical degree by the age of twenty two. He and his wife immigrated to the United States to practice radiology at Hurley Medical Center in Flint, Michigan. In addition, he donates his professional services at Genesee County Free Medical Clinic and care for patients regardless of their capability to pay.