Toothache can occur when the highly sensitive central part of the tooth becomes inflamed. This part is called the tooth pulp. Pulmonary inflammation occurs for various reasons. To get acquainted with the types of toothache
Toothache can occur when the highly sensitive central part of the tooth becomes inflamed. This part is called the tooth pulp. Pulmonary inflammation occurs for various reasons. To get acquainted with the types of toothache and its symptoms, visit an emergency dentist. If you need more information on how to handle such an emergency, you can check emergency dentist North York.
The following reasons can generally cause a severe toothache:
A severe toothache may occur gradually or suddenly. It can also be caused by consuming hot or cold substances. Even a seemingly minor injury can irritate you.
1. Sometimes a severe toothache can be caused by a simple problem such as a piece of corn getting stuck between the teeth.
2. A severe toothache may result from infection and acute inflammation in the internal tissues of the tooth. Numerous factors can cause inflammation, including not brushing or flossing your teeth for a long time, missing or misplaced teeth, cracking, or trauma to the mouth. In these emergency cases, the pulp becomes dark, and the outer layer of the tooth changes color.
1. Grinding teeth may cause a toothache in sleep. To treat bruxism, consult your emergency dentist.
2. Functional problems of the jaw may also cause severe toothache at night.
3. You should know a severe toothache may be a sign of sinus problems. Because the upper teeth’ roots extend to the sinuses, any pressure in that area can pressure the teeth’ nerves.
There is no way to predict toothache, but in these emergency cases, we will all look for a way to treat toothache immediately.
What causes severe toothache at night?
The cause of severe toothache, whether at night or during the day, is the same as mentioned above. But some people experience a severe toothache at night, which means that their toothache intensifies at night.
It happens for several reasons, some of which include:
1. Sometimes you have a severe toothache after eating dinner or late desserts. Your severe toothache at night in these emergency cases is most likely food trapped in the space between the teeth or gums.
2. Sometimes you may have a toothache during the day but do not notice it due to your daily worries and concerns. At night, when you go to a quiet corner to rest, you will have a severe toothache.
3. Another cause of severe nocturnal toothache can be the same teeth-grinding, as mentioned above. At night and rest, your teeth will take revenge on you.
4. Another reason and the leading cause of severe toothache at night is that the blood flow changes during rest and lying down position. When you are in a horizontal position, most of the blood flow to your head and face. Therefore, the pressure on the teeth also increases and causes the toothache to intensify.
Thoroughly clean your mouth to treat severe toothache:
A severe toothache is sometimes caused by small pieces of food getting stuck in the teeth cavities, or these pieces can aggravate the toothache. By thoroughly cleaning your mouth, you can experience immediate emergency treatment for toothache.
1. Floss around your teeth. Make sure the floss goes close to the gums and cleans the gums and around the teeth well.
2. Brush your teeth. If your toothache is caused by gingivitis (inflammation of the gums), brushing is a good way to reduce the pain. Try to brush your teeth for a few minutes and continue to do so in more painful areas.
3. Use mouthwash.
4. For immediate emergency treatment of toothache, do the above steps twice a day.